Central Highlands Marketplace is an exciting retail development.
The opportunity exists to join
- Big W - the only full line discount department store within 230km.
- A full line Woolworths Supermarket
- 32 specialty stores
Trade Area Facts
- The defined trade area for Central Highlands Marketplace is currently estimated at 47,110 residents, including 21,760 residents in the key primary sector. It is expected that by 2021 the main trade area will accommodate 52,150 residents with 25,310 residents in the primary sector.
- Future population growth is expected to be concentrated in and around Emerald. The most significant residential developments currently proposed within the main trade area include;
- Mayfield Ridge: Development applications for residential subdivision totalling some 360 lots have been approved by Council
- Braeside Road: A development application for 134 residential subdivision has been approved by Council. Development is expected to occur between 2011 - 2014.
- Opal Street Masterplanned Community: Early planning has commenced for a masterplanned community on Opal Street. This project is anticipated to be completed by 2015.
- A development application for 144 worker accommodation at Blackwater has been submitted to Council.
- In the 12 months ending 31 March 2011, there were 263 residential dwelling unit approvals in Central Highlands Regional Council LGA. These approvals were valued at $65.5 million. The value of non-residential building approvals in Central Highlands Regional LGA was $82.0 million.
- At the time of the 2006 Census, Mining was the largest industry of employment for the Central Highlands Regional Council LGA usual residents with 22.3% of the regions employed labour force. This was followed by Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing at 12.2% and Construction at 8.7%.
- Mainly Australian born residents